Carrot cake is not only a household favorite for us at the Vegan Knife -- it's also a great way to add a healthy twist to your dessert! Below is a simple and vegan-friendly option for carrot cake cupcakes that'll have you coming back for seconds (and thirds...). Don't forget to add a vegan "cream cheese" icing on top!
- 1 package of The Vegan Knife Vanilla Spice Cupcake/Cake Mix
- Additional ingredients to prepare cupcake/cake mix per package instructions using non-dairy milk, oil and vanilla.
- ¾ Cup finely shredded carrots
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (internal temperature). Line a cupcake baking pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcake mix according to package directions using non-dairy milk, oil and vanilla to make 12 cupcakes. Add finely shredded carrots to the mix and stir until combined.
- Finish the cupcake mix preparation according to the package instructions.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely and decorate as desired.